Glory be to Bev who gave us a kick in the pants. I've been trying to think about why I don't post anymore. Not even on my own blog and I can't figure out why. I feel like I have nothing new or interesting to say or show. But it doesn't have to be new or interesting, it just needs to be SOMETHING! I can do something at least.
So to keep with the recipe theme:
Our Bishop brought over some smoked pork that he smoked in his smoker. And he had some sauce in a squeeze bottle to go on top of it. The pork was very good, most smoked meat is. But the sauce! Holy Canoli! I loved it!! It took the meat to the next level. So I made some pulled pork in the crockpot and then made this sauce, some potato salad and biscuits. Oh Mama! A great break the fast meal. But let me warn you, this sauce has a kick to it. A little goes a long way. Believe me. It makes about a cup but you don't need much to flavor your meat. I asked him for the recipe & he said he came up with it himself. Here it is:
1 cup cider vinegar
2 Tbls. brown sugar
1 tsp. cajun seasoning
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tsp. coarse black pepper
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
Heat the cider vinegar enough to dissolve the brown sugar. Add remaining ingredients.
I came up with a different kind of potato salad a few years ago. It's kind of weird, but I like it. I don't have exact measurments because I just kind of put some of this and some of that.
Cooked, cubed potatoes ( or if you're in a pinch you can use canned whole potatoes and cut them up)
mix together mayonnaise, a tsp. of lime juice, a dash of cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste, sliced black olives, sliced green onions. That's it.
Happy Fall ya'll!
3 comments:
It sounds like you are a great cook sister Cook...bahahaha, have you heard that a million times.
That sauce does sound good, I am going to have to try it. Thanks!
I am definitely going to make that sauce, it sounds yummy, you are right, the sauce makes the meat. Glad you are posting again, we are not sloths anymore!
I will just have to print this out and try this!!! This girl could always use some cooking help. Please come visit! haha.
Post a Comment