Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Is it Pottery Barn? Or is it Martha Stewart?



These flowers were in the Pottery Barn kids catalog, not for sale, but just decorating one of the rooms. I told Isabelle how cute they were and we should make some for her bedroom. Just a few days later Mom and I were in Big Lots and there they were! Martha Stewart has a kit with five tissue paper flowers already precut with the wires and everything. $2.00!!!! So I bought one and wallah! Here they are hanging from Isabelle's ceiling. Darling.

P.S. Emily made the Fall Play at her High School. There are only three girls parts and she's one of them. She's the only Sophomore. The Teacher had three callbacks, really put them through the ringer, but she made it and is soooooooo excited.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I love those puffs. I've seen them in tons of magazines, I wanted to use them to make a sort of spiffy thing above my son's crib but if felt a little too girly.

Nellie said...

So cute! congratulations to Emily. When is the play?

grandma said...

Congratulations Emily! You and Jared will star on Broadway some day. You are both so talented and I am happy for your good news. We will come to it if we can. When is it? And the flowers look so cute on Isabelle's ceiling. I haven't made mine yet, but I will as soon as I finish my other projects. Dad got my big china cabinet taken apart, so now it is ready for some wood shelves, then I will paint the whole thing. What color do you think would look good?

aubrey said...

I think that I live really close to you. I am at 79th and cactus. We probably go to the same big lots, 67th and cactus?

Bev said...

cute, cute. Don't you love it when you find a good "find"? Congrats to Emily! Your kids just ooze with talent.

Becky said...

Thank you all for your enthusiastic comments about the flower puffs, Emily's play and my children's talents. Yes Aubrey, we do live very close! I'm at 65th and Cactus. How is that we haven't run into eachother at BigLots or Fry's or Blockbuster or somewhere? I'll be looking out for you now.