Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Boren not a reunion but a get together weekend

Ok.  So we can't really call it our reunion without all the Darvil Boren family in attendance, so this will just be one of the many get togethers we will have this year. Kapeesh?  Nonetheless, this is what I thought we could do during our get together:  Whoever wants will meet at either El Charro or Casa on Friday evening at 6pm for dinner (Mom or Dad may need to call and reserve.)  Then we meet at the Temple for our 8pm appointment.  Then we set up beds at Mom and Dad's and the women bake cupcakes and more cupcakes.
  Saturday we get up and gather our supplies for a fun filled day at Cedar Springs.  We pack a picnic lunch and bring food to barbque for an early dinner.  And we just have fun fun fun all day!!  Go home, get cleaned up and either play games or bake more cupcakes. 
  Sunday we either sleep in or bake cupcakes.  Go to Mom and Dad's church since Darv's ward is busting at the seams.  Come home and have a nice meal in the backyard and then either watch home videos, play more games, or bake more cupcakes!
  Monday morning we get up, pack up and head for home.

The end.

Any additions, suggestions or ammendments are welcomed

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun, I would totally come and crash your party but on sat. we are bringing up the Laurels and Priests from my ward, You just might have enough cupcakes for all of us???? I would love to see you guys! Have a fun Boren Bash!!

Becky said...

Crash the party anyway!! The cupcakes are for Shaleice's Wedding on June 5th. Beverly and I are the cupcake bakers for the big day. Have a good time with your Priests and Laurels.

grandma said...

I'm glad to hear all the details. It sounds like a good plan. Now if I can get my messy house organized. I've been thinking about centerpieces and have stuff
all over the place.

Oh, Joan
Abut 10 days ago when some young people came up from Mesa to see the temple, I got called and asked if I wanted my windows washed. They had a youth conference and did service projects while they were here. Three girls and their leader came to my house and washed my windows. It was great. Such nice girls. Are you going to do that too? My windows are dirty again already. (just kidding)
But they did come and do that.

Bev said...

It all sounds good to me. Can't wait!