Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back from the DEAD!!!!!

It has been along time since I have been on the blog. If someone could just type what I have to say it would go so much easier. I hate typing or actually pecking.

Something funny happened. One of Teresas relatives (great Aunt and Uncle) came to see us yesterday. Teresa took off work to spend time with them and we all went out to eat at the Casa Mana which is a mexican resturant in Safford. The waitress brought 2 dishes of salsa, one was chunky and the other is just sauce. I was watching this aunt because I took it she hadn't eaten at many mexican resturants before. I wanted to see her reaction to the heat of the salsa. But what happened totally shocked me. In the space of time of about 15 seconds this aunt had "Double Dipped" both bowls of salsa. I sat there with my mouth open and eyes wide in amazement starring at her. (In case you don't understand double dipping, it is eat a bite of salsa with a chip and then dip that same chip back into the bowl for a 2nd bite.) I couldn't believe it. Then she sort of took over the salsa bowl she liked the best by pulling close in front of her and continued to double dip the bowl until it was gone. I finally gave in and ate some of the salsa from the bowl she didn't like. We ordered or attempted to order. She asked me what I liked to order. I told her and showed her on the menu, a green chili burro that is fried with enchilada sauce and cheese on it. It did not make sense to her. It must have been the word burro. So I said like a bean burito except with green chili meat. Still not making sense. So I said they take a flour tortilla and put some green chili meat in it, fry it and sause and cheese on top. I dont' think she has ever had a bean burro. If so it goes by some other name????? After all of that she ordered something else. Then she only ate 2 bites of it and asked for a "Doggy bag". I thought the whole meal experience was funny. And she practically talked the entire time by herself. Nobody could get a word in. Teresa even said she had never seen anyone talk as much as she does. I am glad I could go back to work. I felt sorry for Teresa, she had to spend the afternoon with them. HAAHAHHAA.

Darvil

5 comments:

grandma said...

We were invited by Teresa to go to their house and eat last night. We had already eaten, but decided to go up anyway. Darvil made some delicious chili rellanos, and the aunt cooked some pork chops and squash. The aunt talked, and talked, and talked. We stayed to watch a tv show, but couldn't hear it because of her. They have been on a cross-country trip - and the husband is a very quiet person. Now I know why: he probably can't get a word in. As soon as we got in the car Jerry said"have you ever seen a person talk so much." So funny!

Becky said...

Very funny Darv. Who in the world hasn't had a bean burro before?! Old people are peculiar.
Hey, how about not waiting another decade before you blog again.

Annette said...

Darvil you crack me up!

Bev said...

funny story! Wish I could've been sitting at the table next to you just to watch all that.

Anonymous said...

Good blog darv, I kind of worry a little bit that all my nieces and nephews will say that about me some day.