If I could find my camera I'd post pictures of the progress of our changes around here. But the camera is buried under one of many piles that are all screaming "Deal with me!" I sat down to pay bills this morning and thank goodness none of the them were overdue. Last month a bill got buried under one of the above-mentioned piles, and the late fee I had to pay only confirmed what I already knew: I am a crazy woman.
I was spray painting - I have been doing that a lot lately - and in my haste I had the bottle turned the wrong way....you guessed it - right in my face! Black spray paint in my eyes and all over my face! I was shocked and amazed that I could have really done that. I looked in the mirror and I looked just like someone in a comedy movie who gets sprayed in the face. No, I didn't have the presence of mind to take a picture, I should have.
Kason and I were moving the tv cabinet I bought off Craig's list and painted. I was going backwards and didn't see an object behind me. I went down and so did the cabinet - right on my knee! It hurt like the dickens and swelled up a little, but I can walk fine and now it only hurts when I kneel on it, so I pray one-kneed.
Enough of the craziness. Life has some good things going on right now, too. Brady tested and interviewed for a job working on an ambulance. A new ambulance company is starting up in Henderson and they're hiring a lot of people. They need both paramedics and EMTs. Since he just became an EMT intermediate, he qualifies. He felt like it went well and his chances are pretty good - he finds out on Wednesday, so cross your fingers!
Colby has been hired by a friend to tutor their daughter in math. She has the same teacher Colby had last year and he did quite well in that class even though the teacher can be tough. He tutors for an hour a day and is enjoying it ( and the cash). He's also doing a city swim team. It's a sport that works well for his knee and he has a strong upper body so he does pretty well. We're just glad he's staying busy with good things - he's one who needs to stay busy.
Eli is thrilled that he likes both his English and Spanish teachers this year. He had heard they were mean and was quite worried, but after 2 weeks he can see they are nice. Thank goodness. He cried many a tear over his English teacher last year who really stressed him out.
Kason and Miranda both have birthdays coming up - Miranda's excited to enter Young Womens and Kason will be able to go to Stake dances and Youth Conferences and EFY now that he'll be 14. Kids grow up while you're not looking, how does that happen?
Have a good day everyone!
3 comments:
Hey to my one-kneed praying crazy cousin! We need Colby as a tutor at our house--We are all allergic to math.
Bev Bev Bev!!! I can't believe you spray painted your face! I think you ARE going crazy, just a little. knee injuries hurt. I hope it doesn't bother you from now on. You have about twelve irons in the fire right now. It'll calm down and then life will be somewhat normal. That's great about Brady, we'll cross our fingers for him. And good job Colby for being active! Can't believe Miranda is going to be in YW! It just can't be so. Kason really is the big dog now. And I'm happy that Eli's happy. Hang in there! We love you!
Find that camera and post some pics! But pay the bills first.
Well its good to read about you on the blog, life sounds a little crazy for you.
Bev and Rob, I just cant thank you enough for what you did for Aubrey and Troy, I cant believe how good Troys teeth look, Rob, you are amazing. Seriously that was the nicest thing I've ever heard of anyone doing for anyone and they LOVED your family and loved staying with you. Aubrey says your house is HUGE and beautiful and she loves your kids, they both love you all. Seriously, thank you so much, I am still in aw. You guys are the best, I hope everything works out with the remodel, the job, yw is the best and the math and english classes. Hang in there!
Post a Comment