Friday, May 27, 2011

new puffy panckakes

I found a recipe that puts a new twist on our tried and trusted old german pancakes recipe.  I made it this morning to fill Emily's belly before she went off for a day of lifeguarding.
 It's hard work, you know.  Testing out the slides to make sure they're safe.  Saying "you can go" to all the little and not so little kiddies.  Watching out for mishaps while wearing your cool lifeguard garb.
 Hard work.
  So I have to make sure she has a substantial breakfast, that's the kind of mom I am.  Anyway, I jumped online and found this recipe and it was quite good!  I baked it in an oblong glass pan.   Not as big as 9x13, so I don't know what size that is.  And before I inhaled my piece I just sprinkled powdered sugar and a little bit of lemon juice on it.  YUM.  But then I had a second piece with warm syrup.  YUM.

Anyway, here you go.

Oven Puffy Pancakes

Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). In a small bowl, mix together white sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
  2. Place butter in a 9 inch cake pan and heat in the oven until melted. In a blender or food processor, whip eggs and milk. Pour in flour and beat until well combined. Pour batter into hot pan. Sprinkle on sugar and cinnamon.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Dust with confectioners' sugar; serve warm.

2 comments:

Bev said...

Oooh sounds yummy. Any recipe with the word pancakes in it is a winner with me. How nice that you made such a nice breakfast for your kiddos.

grandma said...

I think it would be good with fresh strawberries. The thought makes me hungry.