Sunday, July 10, 2011
A SILVER LINING
I think there is a song about looking for the silver lining. In the past week, I have had 2 drs. point this out to me, saying "well, you have this, but you don't have this." I have 2 fractured vertebra and some bulging discs, but I don't have any tumors in my back and I don't have bone cancer--both can be the result of breast cancer. And another silver lining came from my eye dr. who said I have cataracts forming, but I don't have molecular degeneration or glaucoma. Sometimes when something can't be changed, a silver lining can be found if we look hard enough. So I try -- when gray clouds form for me, I look for the silver. My back is better than it was. I haven't experience that level of pain since the blocked colon. But, I am not going to have surgery this time, and haven't spent time in the hospital with it. Jerry has been doing everything around girls. In case you didn't know, he is very good to have around. The silver has turned to gold, with our golden wedding. Thanks to my kids and grandkids who made it such a happy and memorable event, and to everyone who came to be with us. I hope you all find silver -- and wait for the gold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What wonderful words of gratitude! Your party was fabulous. I am so happy for the silver linings in your life. Cataracts can be fixed macular degeneration can't. Such good news that the cancer has stayed away. Love you!
It's not always easy to have a positive attitude and look for the good amongst the bad. But I think you nailed it. Glad your back is a little better. We all love you!
What a great post, and good advice to look for the good and even the gold. I'm so glad for the good things in your life, you have amazing kids and grandkids and you are loved by so many. I hope your health gets even better.
Yes great post and words of wisdom. We could all do better at always looking at the positives in any situation.
Post a Comment