Saturday, August 13, 2011

Confusion

I just posted, and then I realized I wanted to put this post on my new blog, Treasures of Yesterday. I'm just rattled when it comes to blogging. I just finished reading "The Help". I thought it was a book that made me want to keep on reading and reading until I found out how it ended. As I mentioned above, I have tons and tons of pictures that Mom took. She loved to take pictures. As I was going through some of them in these piles, I came across the two of me ad Bobbie. She was the daughter of some cottonpickers that worked for my dad. Back then, before cotton-picking-machines, cotton picking crews went around to the farmers' fields and worked. I don't remember the picture being taken, but I was told that Bobbie came to our house to play with me. As I was reading the book, I thought about how it was in the South, and here. I don't remember integration issues around here. But I know there was a difference - blacks didn't hold any important or high-paying jobs. There were no blacks in grade school -- only at Mesa Jr. High did I see some in school - but not my classes. But I like these little pictures. I must have had a fun day with Bobbie. I'm glad Mom took so many pictures, documenting our lives.

No comments: