We hosted a dinner last night for the sweet single sisters in our Ward. Because my family has been eating, playing and living in my house over Christmas break, it needed a deepclean. So I started as soon as Isabelle got off to school. I found myself alone in the house. I don't think you understand the signifigance of that statement, let me clarify for you: I WAS ALONE IN THE HOUSE!!!!! For the first time in I can't remember when. Anyway, I set out cleaning, declutering, rearranging. I had no plan, no system. Before I knew it, I was in the middle of a popular book series. If you give a mouse a cookie......If you give a pig a pancake........If you give a moose a muffin, etc.
My story went something like this: If you take a towel back to the bathroom you're going to notice that there is no toilet paper in there so you go down to the laundry room pantry to get some and you notice that the sink in there is really gross. So you go to get the cleaner under the kitchen sink and you see the pledge and that reminds you that you'd better clean the stainless steel fridge and dishwasher for tonight before you forget. While you're cleaning the dishwasher you notice that it needs to be emptied and so you empty the dishwasher and then you clean the fridge and notice that the floor in front of the fridge is really dirty so you mop it and when you go to throw the mopping cloths away, you see that the garbage is full. So you take the garbage out and on your way back in you remember that you need to get the extra chairs out of the shed for the dinner, so you go get them and see how dirty they are so you begin cleaning them and decide while you're cleaning them you might as well clean the dirty french doors. But you keep stepping on leaves on the patio and decide to sweep it off and that reminds you to sweep and vaccum the floors inside the house. Before you sweep you tidy up the tv cabinet and see how dusty it is so you dust it and seeing the dirty rag you decide to do some laundry and wash some rugs and towels. So you go into one bathroom and see how badly it needs cleaning so you start cleaning the sinks and mirrors and then you go into the next bathroom to clean and get the rug, and you notice that there isn't any toilet paper in there....
And then you go lay down.
4 comments:
HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! I laughed and laughed because you just described my cleaning routine to a "T". I eventually get it all done, but not before making 10 or 20 rounds around the house first. And I always need to lay down.
I'm tires just reading it.....so typical, glad I'm not the only one.
I usually lay down a lot sooner and more often as I go from room to room, job to job, and have to rest.
So well written and it is Wonderful to be home alone.
Post a Comment