Saturday, January 14, 2012

No use crying over.....

No use crying over spilt milk, right? Or lost diamonds? I'll explain: I was walking through the parking lot at Kohl's the other day. I hardly ever notice things on the ground like my husband always does, but this day I noticed a diamond. Or at least it sure looked like one. It looked like one that had fallen out of someone's ring. It wasn't huge, but not small either. "I wonder if this is a real diamond?", I thought. At the time, I had the items I was returning, my receipt, my purse, cell phone and keys in my hands, so I stuck the diamond in my pants pocket until I could look at it later. I made my return, then went to look at pants for our upcoming Guatemala trip. I NEVER hardly ever try on clothes, I almost always just get them and then return them if I need to. Well, this day I tried on pants. Like 3 seperate times going into the dressing room. Later I ran in the bank and quickly stuck my keys in my pants pocket - the same one with the diamond, and then pulled them out again without thinking. So anyway, somewhere during my pants taking on and off and my keys putting in and pulling out.........you guessed it, I lost the diamond. By the time I remembered about it and looked in my pocket, it was gone. GONE!!!! Later I was telling my family my story and the kids asked Rob what he thought it could have been worth. He said depending on the quality and size, it could have possibly been up to 10 or 15 thousand. WHAT??!!!?? Even if it wasn't that great of quality, what if it was 1 or 2 or 5 thousand? Anything would have been exciting. But it's gone. Gone forever. But then I thought about the poor woman who lost it. If it came out of her wedding ring and she loves her ring as much as I love mine, she's very sad about that. And maybe, just maybe, wherever I re-lost it is somewhere where she could re-find it! Wouldn't that be cool? That's how I want to think this story ends, with some very amazing, magical ending like that. And that makes me less feel like crying over lost diamonds.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Oh that's a sad, sad story! The shopping you could have done with that diamond! But you have a good attitude and outlook so you'll have good luck. The best thing I ever found on the ground was $20. So you're already lucky.

grandma said...

I was afraid you were going to say you discovered it came from your wedding ring. Lets hope the woman has a nice husband and he will buy her another -- maybe even a bigger diamond.

Darvil said...

Someones day got alittle better after finding a big ole huge diamond worth $20-30000 bucks. It was almost you. ALMOST