Monday, April 23, 2012

This Week

I decided to follow LeNell and just tell you what's been going on this week, since I haven't posted in a while.
  • Eli is in baseball and Miranda is in softball.  Between 2 games each a week and some practices thrown in, we are gone pretty much every night.  It's fun to watch them, though and the evening weather has been so nice we might as well be at the ball field.
  • Rob and I are dieting (AGAIN!).  We can't seem to keep weight off once we lose it.  But we have vowed that it won't happen this time.  He has lost 11.5 and I have lost 9 pounds.  We have to be able to put our swimsuits on soon!
  • We attended the wedding reception Saturday night of one of Rob's assistants.  It was very fun with lots of dancing and young people.  Everyone dances so different these days...anyway, Rob and I went out to dance a slow song, at least it started out slow... then it turned fast and it was a line dance we didn't know.  It looked easy enough so we tried to follow along.  We were by FAR the oldest people on the dance floor.  After we came back to our table Miranda informed us we didn't dance as well as everyone else.  I was not surprised to hear it.
  • Last night we went to the piano recital of some friends of ours.  The Messina family.  They have six kids ages 12 to 22.  They all six play the piano like professionals.  They took turns performing Mozart, Bach, Chopin and other very complicated songs.  Did you ever wish you'd practiced the piano more?
  • Our county fair was last weekend.  Colby raised a goat at our good friends the Morgan's house, and joined 4-H to be able to show his goat at the fair this year.  He had to learn how to raise, groom, and show his goat.  He didn't do that well in the competition, but he had fun and learned a new skill.  Now he sells the goat and should make a small profit.
That's our week in a nutshell.  I will try to post pictures. ?? Maybe???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun week, my boys raised pigs for 4h a while back, we all learned a lot, there are so many rules to follow, quite intense, that goat is beautiful.

rock on!!!

Nellie said...

I loved following your week. Congratulations on the weight loss. That dang weight just sneaks up so fast.

Becky said...

Way to go Colby. He's looking very cowboy 4Hish! That was funny that Miranda gave it to you straight. Leave it to our kids to be brutally honest when it comes to something we don't look good in. I hear you with the weight and swimsuits. Yet I continue to eat more cupcakes and ice cream! I wish I had stuck with the piano, and wish I had made my kids take piano. Enjoyed your week in review.