Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fry's Has Talent

Thought you'd like to see Amanda's participation in the Fry's annual talent competition.  I'll try and get the video up.  She didn't end up winning, but she got about $150 in Fry's gift cards.












She sang "At Last" by Etta James.  I tried talking her into singing it to a karaoke track because I think that's what the judges and crowd want.   But she said that wasn't her.  So she sang it without music.  It was awesome.
Posted by Picasa
But I think they should call it "Fry's Has Entertainment" because they're just looking for the entertainment factor.   Here she is with John Flora, president of Fry's food stores recieving her plaque.  We joke about John Flora and his best chicken in town.

So the next time you shop at Fry's, your cashier or bagger or deli worker could secretly be a singer or play the guitar, or breakdance.  You never know.

2 comments:

grandma said...

When did this take place? We all know Amanda has a special talent and I think she should have won! But gift cards are good.

Bev said...

I seriously want to know who judges these things - Amanda should have won some of her contests by now. That girl's got talent. She needs to win "at last".