Tuesday, November 13, 2012

For LeNell


LeNell, here is the paint I used, I got it Valspar Signature Gallon Interior Satin Tintable Paint and Primer in Oneat Lowe's.  I covered a medium blue color with a pale gray color and only needed one coat!  It went on like a dream, I was done really quick. 

The other thing you HAVE to get if you are painting very much at all is this:


                                                                        

It is a roller that has a hollow handle that you fill with paint, then squeeze out a little at a time as you roll it on.  You don't even need a drop cloth because you don't have any drips.  You don't need a paint tray that you have to keep bending over to roll the roller in and then drip it across the floor as you raise it to the wall.  It might take a little practice to get used to it, but once you get going you will love it and it saves tons of time.  There are a couple of brands that sell this type of roller, I have only used this one.  I got it at Lowe's for $25. 

I wish I was up there I would come help you paint.  Take before and after pictures and post them on your blog, transformations are exciting!

1 comment:

Nellie said...

Oh Bev, I am so bummed. I didn't get on the computer today until now because I was painting.......I would have loved all those tips. But I live in Heber and it's a pain to get to a Lowe's or home depot so I probably wouldn't have made the trip. There was much bending and kitchens are a pain. I painted Annette and JoAnn's wall color. It looks good! I still have a whole day of cutting in to do but I am soooo tired and I have another night tonight with my adorable twins. Thanks for all of your tips.