Friday, July 17, 2009

Only child

It seems like I have an only child. Emily has been out of town for almost a week and a half. Amanda is always either working, sleeping, or with friends. Logan is always either working, sleeping or with friends. That leaves Isabelle. Poor, little bored out of her mind Isabelle. We have played Harry Potter Scene It and Disney Scene It until my brain is scrambled. We have made paper dolls on the computer, made caramels on the stove (she burned her finger). Caught and took pictures of a three inch beetle on our patio (very gross). Organized a "hair do station" in her room. Went to magic shows at the library and checked out books that she doesn't read. Tended neutered Zero. Watched movies. Looked at baby books. Went to the cool pool with the slides and lazy river at the Rec Center. And I can tell you, I'm too old to be an eight year old girls best friend!! I need a nap.

4 comments:

Bev said...

Wow, I want to be your best friend! Can I send Miranda to your house since you're so entertaining and she's so bored - it's a win-win!

grandma said...

You need Grandpa there to play cards and have a bragging contest with Isabelle. They got along so well - they are both the same age, you know. Disney channel and Family Channel also helped.

Jan said...

what a fun mom you are!!

Nellie said...

I agree with Jan!