Okay, if we're going to talk about memories, I've got memories!
I had all of my knee surgeries during the summers, but those don't have a place here. These are happy memories only.
Camping on Mt Graham has to be the biggest Summer memory of all. It was fun to get everything ready, but alot of work too (mostly for Mom and Dad). It was so nice to slowly climb our way out of the heat and pick the perfect camp site. Playing games, eating, camp fires, snacking, visiting with whoever came up also. But then we had to go home and it was the worst to get back down to the heat and then have to unload. All we wanted to do was take a shower but Dad made us unload first.
I also loved thunderstorms and playing cards during a thunderstorm. I loved going to the pool to swim. I'd ride my bike there and swim for hours.
It was great fun when Kimberly came for a visit and we'd play barbies, office, dance contests, and house in the upstairs. It was dirty and grody but still fun. We had to use our imagination. Imagine that!
Going down to Mesa to do school shopping was a highlight. Staying with the Hancocks was the best! They were always doing fun things. We would always schedule our dentist appointments for then too. The miniature furniture in the waiting room was so cool, but the dentist kind of scared me. But getting that slip of paper for an ice cream cone at the drug store was worth it.
Watching game shows on TV during the summer was priceless, considering what's on TV now to watch. Good cards, Jim!
Fighting with Beverly over chores or anything else, tending baby kittens, visiting the Sugar Shack.
Ahh, Summertime as a kid. That's the life!
2 comments:
I'm glad you have some good memories of summer. Those were fun times for me too.
I loved all of that, too! Funny how some memories never leave you...
Post a Comment