Ok so I guess if anyone's going to post on this blog it'll have to be me! I thought I'd tell you about a few recipes I've used lately. Yummy ones! The first one is for a very good, quick, and easy roll recipe. What makes this recipe different than any other roll recipe is that it is quick and makes a small batch. Have you ever wished you would have thought ahead and made a batch of rolls to go with your dinner you're having that night? But now it's 4:30 in the afternoon, so it's just too late, right? NO! These rolls are done in 1 hour, start to finish. And it only makes about 12-14 rolls, so it's perfect for one meal, with no leftovers to tempt you the next day! Here's what you do:
Mix 3/4 warm water, 1/4 c. sugar, 1/4 c. oil, and 1 1/2 T. (2 packets) yeast and let it set for 15 minutes. Then add one egg, 3/4 tsp. salt and 2 1/2 c. flour. Knead for 6 minutes. Shape into rolls, place in a greased pan, and place the pan in a cold oven. Turn your oven on to 375 degrees and set your timer for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and brush the tops with butter. (I found that the tops got a little dark by about 18 min, and through my glass pan I could see that the bottoms weren't quite done, so I covered the pan with foil and let them bake another few minutes. Next time I will put the rack lower in the oven or cover the top with foil once they look golden. But the rolls were light and delicious!)
The next recipe is one I made for Rob for Father's Day. He looooves Key Lime Pie. He orders it in restaurants when he can, and I've made a frozen version, which was really good, but I've never made just a real key lime pie. So this recipe is a combination of a few different ones I found online, and I have to say it was quite delicious. Rob said it was the best he's ever had, but then again he might be a little biased. You could either use a store-bought graham cracker crust, or make your own like I did by mixing 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs with a little less than 1/2 c. sugar and 5 T. melted butter. Pat the mixture into a greased 9-inch pie pan. Bake it at 350 for about 15 minutes or until it just starts to look golden. Remove from oven and set aside. Next, zest about 10-15 limes. The zest makes it extra good. Then juice the limes. You need 1 c. of lime juice and about one tablespoon zest. Next, mix 2 cans sweetened condensed milk with 2 eggs, the cup of lime juice and 2 tsp. of the zest. Pour mixture into the crust and place back in the oven for 15 minutes or until it just starts to look set in the center. Allow to cool, then refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with the remaining lime zest and/or sliced limes. Pretty and delicious!
Who else has a yummy recipe? Becky? Dad? Mom? Darvil? Shaleice? Anyone? Anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment