Boren Sisters

Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Yummy recipe

Bev, thanks for posting your recipes. Yes I have thought I'd like to have rolls with my dinner but thought it was too late.  I'm trying that roll recipe!  I think we should spend the rest of June submitting recipes to share.
 I pin alot of recipes, but do I ever go back to them and make them? NO.  But when I saw the pictures of myself on my San Diego trip and saw the fat face and rolls on my neck looking back at me, I said " What the heck? What happened to you?"  So I decided to try cutting my calories and excercising regularly for the first time in my life.  I'd like to lose about ten pounds.  I've been doing it for a few days now and it's not too bad.  I'm really not as hungry or craving fattening things like I thought I'd be.  So when I saw this recipe on my board I thought I'd try it.   Someone figured out that it's about 130 calories per serving without the tortillas or fixings.  I put mine in a whole wheat tortilla.   It made my house smell really good all day, everyone commented on how good it smelled and kept taking peeks at it.  It was quite tasty and made good leftovers the next day.  You could double it if you wanted to make more.  It's quite juicy, so you could cut back on the liquid a little.  Give it a try:

Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
1 yellow onion, sliced
3 sweet peppers, sliced
1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breast or thighs
½ cup chicken broth
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cumin
1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
Squirt of lime juice
Tortillas
Fajita fixings

Combine sliced onion and peppers in the bottom of a greased crockpot. Lay chicken on top of veggies. Pour chicken broth over top. Sprinkle everything with cumin, salt, and chili powder. Give a nice quirt of lime juice over the top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or on High for 4-6 hours). When meat is done, shred with two forks and stir back into juices. Serve meat mixture with slotted spoon on tortillas with your choice of fixings.

Last night for dinner, Phillip grilled us some hamburger patties and I topped them with that black bean salsa recipe I posted a few weeks ago.  It was quite delish.  You don't even miss the buns and mayonnaise.

Go forth and cook, grill, slow cook or bake and then post about it!

 
 
 


Posted by Becky at 8:40 AM

1 comment:

Bev said...

That recipe sounds really good, I'll be trying that one. Crock pot meals are great for summer, you don't have to really "cook" or heat up the house. I'm trying to drop about 10-15 pounds too, so keep posting low-calorie recipes!

Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 3:41:00 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

My Blog List

  • NELLIE'S NONSENSE
    9 years ago
  • Small-n-Simple Things
    Chairish rug room styling
    11 years ago
  • Hancock Women
    elder thompson in peru
    12 years ago
  • You, Me, and Us Blog
    My Happily Ever After
    12 years ago
  • Boren Sisters
    Labor Day Camping
    13 years ago
  • ~Joey's Jargons~
    Mothers Day. . .
    13 years ago
  • Treasures of Old
    Still Testing
    14 years ago
  • Clarkson Life
    Softball Girl
    15 years ago

Followers


Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (7)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2012 (44)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ▼  June (7)
      • Good and Faithful Servant
      • UPDATE
      • Cool and Refreshing
      • A Yummy recipe
      • Recipes for you to try
      • Dow Update
      • WHAT'S IN YOUR BACKYARD?
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2011 (95)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (11)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (14)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2010 (109)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (7)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (21)
  • ►  2009 (165)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (13)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (16)
    • ►  April (18)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (29)
    • ►  January (30)
  • ►  2008 (80)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (49)

Contributors

  • BRADY
  • Becky
  • Bev
  • Breanna
  • Darvil
  • Shaleice
  • Shaleice
  • amanda laurel
  • grandma
Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.