Monday, June 25, 2012

UPDATE

A few weeks ago, I posted about the beautiful orioles that occasionally visit our back yard.  I wanted to make sure they stick around, so I googled them and found they love grape jelly and also the sugar water, like the hummingbirds drink.  I found out there are special feeders for them, so I ordered one from Amazon.  It is endorsed by the Audobaun Society.  We hung it in the tree in the back, after filling it with sugar water, and the special places that hold the grape jelly.  Well, now the birds visit several times a day, the male and the female.  Yesterday, when the female visited, she brought her kids with her.  Little birds that are shaped and make sounds just like their parents.  They are small, but cute.  I am SO proud.

2 comments:

Bev said...

That's neat. Sounds like you are an official bird watcher now. I will check out your orioles when I come next month.

Jan said...

How wonderful to bird watch, I would love to see a picture.