Sunday, November 22, 2009

ELUSIVE











Elusive.......Invisible......Disappearing........Vanished........Moved out..........Smart.........Unfindable.....




Lost.........Deer............What Deer...........No Deer here................Hunting.........More like hiking with a gun..........Eye strain.........Binoculars bring things in close...........Bushes look like Deer......Rocks that you are sure are a deer.........Walking and more walking............Ground that is so noisy they can hear you coming for miles..........Muscles that hurt........I brought too many shells........Luck.......Skill.......I thought I was a good hunter........Cheaper to go hunting at Safeway or Bashas.........My freezer is already full.........THIS IS HUNTING....




THIS IS FUN.......Maybe he is over the next ridge........Maybe he is in the bottom of that small draw........The thrill, adreneline rush, excitement of it all, THIS IS.....HUNTING AT ITS BEST....








It wasn't meant to be this year. Dad and I tried to find some mule deer. Dad hunted 3 and I hunted 4 days. About 2 months ago I had bought a trail camera. It takes pictures on movement and can take pictures out to about 40 feet either day or night. We had put it on water troughs trying to find where deer were getting a drink and if the area would be good to try hunting in. It was fun just doing this with the camera. Had a big horn sheep come in. Had a black bear take a bath in the trough. Several deer, even some big deer. We usually kept the camera in one location for a week at a time. We thought we had found "THE SPOT". There were about 7 different bucks coming in to this trough. We were both excited. The smallest one was a 2 point. 4 or 5 of them were 4 X 4s...... Oh well maybe next year.












DARVIL

2 comments:

Becky said...

Those are some pretty cool pictures! Why do you need a dead deer when you have such beautiful pictures of live ones? Maybe getting "THE" shot with a camera is almost just as good?? Or maybe not to a die hard hunter like you!

Nellie said...

I love that trail camera. I think John had the same luck as you guys. I always tell John just come sit on my porch and you'll see all the deer you ever wanted to.