I haven't posted for such a long time. I keep thinking I will work on starting a blog of my own, but who am I kidding. When I sit down at the computer, I just skip from one beautiful blog to another, and hours later I get my tired, achy back and shoulders up and hobble away, wondering why I haven't gotten anything done. I love the inspiration I receive, but I can't think of much to contribute myself. I do stay busy, tho. I love the time I spend creating. I finished Grandma's wedding dress and am so happy to finally have it out of the old chest, where it has been living for 60 years or more. It really is pretty. And Jerry put an old bulletin board up for me in the same closet as the dress. It has been out there since Jerry worked for the Church. Now it has been painted to cover the stains, and I mod podged old dictionary pages (my favorite thing) over it. I am putting old pictures and things - all vintage - on it. I add one or two things every day, since it is a huge board.
I decided to clean out some of the things on my shelves, I have lots of shelves, and get them ready to decorate for Christmas. I am excited to start doing that. It takes me a long time, but I enjoy it. Dad and Darvil went deer hunting Friday and Saturday, all day. Their area was close, so they didn't spend the nights out there. It was pretty disappointing, as they didn't see anything. I don't know where the deer go, but I think they have a hiding spot. I kept busy Friday, doing my thing, and intended to do the same yesterday, but it was kind of cold, and snuggling on the couch with Lulu seemed so nice, and there were LOTS of good movies on TV that I hadn't seen before, so I was quite lazy all day. It felt good to do that. We said the prayers in Church today. So many people said our prayers were good, I guess because they were short. Who doesn't enjoy a short prayer once in a while. Some people give a mini speech.
Thats about all I can think of to say. I can't believe its almost Thanksgiving. When I count my blessings, I am so grateful for my family. My love goes out to all of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment