Thursday, February 4, 2010

Baking Day

This is an unusual day for me.

I only had one place to go this morning.

I am baking homemade wheat bread.

Cooking some good ol' beans.

Baked some chocolate chip walnut cookies.

It's good to slow down and do some old fashioned cooking.

Sure am glad I have new fashioned appliances to make it easier.

Bless our ancestors!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! sounds yummy, can I come over?

grandma said...

I cooked beans today, too, and baked a loaf of bread that Dad mixed up the dough for in the breadmaker, but I baked it in the oven, and made some fry bread. I am going to start making whole wheat bread. Why don't you put your recipe on the blog. I have tasted your bread and it is good.

Jamie said...

I gotta make some beans tomorrow! Awww comfort food. and this is nellie

Bev said...

Baking has a way of making you feel like a real homemaker. Those smells that fill the house are like nothing else!