A Very Happy Birthday to my always older big brother! Some memories I have as a kid of Darvil are teasing and more teasing. He was a superfast runner and we would go all over the place to watch him run in track meets. He tried polevaulting out at Cedar Springs and ended up breaking his arm. He was never without his dog Red riding shotgun in the baja bug (is that what it's called?) He was very popular in school. I was always known as Darvil or Beverly's sister. He was always the first to read the instructions on any new games we got for Christmas and would round us all up to play. Sports and hunting and fishing were his life. He worked hard before his mission to save up money. He has always worked hard. He still teases, and likes to joke.
Since he's the only brother I've ever known, I'd say he's just about the best brother I've ever had!
Happy Birthday Darv!
4 comments:
What to say about Darvil? In our Wilcox days, he took me on his little motorcycle out to look for frogs in the nearby pond. I felt pretty priviledged. He always challenged me to a game of Monopoly and he always WON. In high school I was always proud to be Darvil Boren's sister as he was a popular sports star and seminary president, but more than that he has integrity. He got me to be the other half of some double dates in college that were fun but I knew I was often the "last resort" for Darvil's friends! He's the life of the party at our family get togethers with his teasing and winning EVERY game. Happy Birthday, Darv - we all love you!
Happy Birthday Cousin Darvil!!! Hope your day was wonderful!
I remember having so much fun playing monopoly with Darvil. Also building our little forts at the Mt. Graham cabin. We have lots of good memories as cousins. Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday Darvil.... You look great!
Post a Comment