Tuesday, April 19, 2011

BEAUTY

Here I am, trying to post again. Last time, I couldn't get pictures to go on the blog. Now, they are on twice. Just consider the source (me). The name I drew sounds like I planned to work it this way - but I didn't. When Darvil was a little boy, I liked to go shopping with Mom to the few stores we had in Safford then. I guess Darvil didn't like to shop very well. One time he picked up a naked mannequin from under the counter and threw it outside on the sidewalk. He was 2 or 3 years old then. Another time, he pushed at a high rate of speed some roller skates that came zooming down the aisle. I never knew what to expect. And then.......I had a little girl. A grown-up acting baby girl. From the time she could sit up in the cart, she looked around and had the expression that she loved everything she saw, and was always very good. I knew she was a good shopping companion at an early age. One of my friends called her "Miss Priss" because she was so grown-up acting. She talked in sentences at a very young age, grew a headful of long hair that she let me put in sponge rollers, and was a fun and independent little female. We lived in Willcox when she started school with the afternoon kindergarten schedule, which worked out well because she liked to stay up late with me and sleep late in the morning -- a regular night owl. She was always so good and well-behaved, and a good sister to Darvil and Becky. One time Becky crawled in my lap and whispered in my ear, "I like Beverly better than you". Like her big brother, she was also Seminary President and Homecoming Queen. She graduated from E.A., and all too soon - left Pima behind to attent ASU, where she graduated with an Education degree - then she was off on a mission to the Dominican Republic. After that, she was off to Utah to teach school, and become engaged, and she was all grown up. And now, the busy, loving mother of 5 very active kids, Relief Society President, wife and homemaker who still finds time to cook delicious meals, decorate and re-model her beautiful home, attend games and be a chauffer -- in other words, she's like most mormon women today -- very busy. I have always admired Beverly for not being afraid to try things (like remodeling) and being very capable. She can usually do whatever she tries very well. She's strong and determined in the world of doing and living a righteous life - and always ready to offer a helping hand. I am very proud of this beautiful daughter of ours.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my what a good tribute! Yes, Beverly has always been the grown up one. Smart, knows just what to do, gives great advice, fun, is a great shopper, has a beautiful home, is a wonderful mom and wife and can juggle it all. She has been the best big sister a girl could ask for. And I don't know why but that picture of her as a little girl just cracks me up! I guess it's because she has a grown up look on her face.

Nellie said...

Great tribute and I say "Amen" to all of it. I love my dear cousin. Happy Birthday Bev.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are worth posting twice....so so cute! She is all of those things and a great companion to travel with! I remember when you would come to Mesa and we would go shopping..so fun, for some reason I remember going to woolworths or woolco? It was called something like that.

We love you Bev, you are and always have been the best cousin/friend a girl could ask for, thanks for your fun and kindness to me and to my children and grandchild.

Darvil said...

What to say about Bev. (Gooombaahead) I love her like a sister!! She is great. She does so many good things and is a great example to me. Keep it up.