Friday, April 15, 2011

The Tax Man Cometh

Do you trust your tax man? Today is April 15th. Tax Day. I guess a better question is "Should you trust your tax man?" We have been working our taxes the last few days. Our tax guy called and said they were done and ready to be picked up. With Jared on a mission and us making larger church contributions and the credit we should get for Breanna being in School, I figured our refund should increase. Not the case. So before sending everything in I looked it over. I even thought of paying someone else doing my taxes again. I found a huge mistake. So I called the tax guy up. He fixed it and increased my refund by $3000.00. That's not a few hundred dollars but a few thousand dollars of a mistake!! Then when I picked up the corrected paperwork he forgot to sign the tax forms and I had to go back again. I am sure he was glad to see me go away. What if I hadn't questioned his work. Do you trust YOUR tax man?

2 comments:

Bev said...

Oh my goodness, what an error! Good thing you looked it over, that's quite a difference. Maybe you should do other people's taxes on the side.

Becky said...

Phillip is my tax man. Yeah, I trust him. Aren't you glad you're $3000 richer for taking a couple of minutes to look it over?! Sheesh!