Sunday, February 12, 2012
BEAUTIFUL CARDS
These cards were sent in the '40's, 50's, and early 60's from different people, but all to the same person: their mother, dad, or both -- which were also my mother and dad. There were a lot from Ray, the biggest pile from Lavora, some from Norman, and some from Alice. Most were sent when they were still single, so a single name is written. What impressed me -- there was one from Seth and one from Earl that were sent when they were in the service. Mom cherished these cards, I'm sure, because she had them neatly pasted in a scrapbook. I found the scrapbook when we were cleaning out the cupboards in the spare bedroom the other day. I carefully removed them from the book, sorted them into piles, and plan on giving them to the children of the senders. They are beautiful cards, tho old and some are yellowed, and some have real ribbons, satin hearts, and glitter, and each shows how much they loved their parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













5 comments:
Wow. I'm impressed with a few things about this. 1st that you kept this scrapbook all this time. 2nd that you are going to give the cards back to family members who will hopefully treasure them as much as Grandma did. And 3rd that you took such professional looking pictures and posted them! I thought you must have found these images on the internet!
They look so pretty, good job!!
I'm impressed also! They are so vintagy and cute, love them.
Oh how sweet, How Grandma loved her family!
What beautiful cards and so great that you kept them all of these years. They do look like professional pictures.
From Annette
What a great find and thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment