Friday, February 3, 2012
Sick of being sick
I remember how it happened. I was in the shower and I thought to myself: "I haven't been sick at all this winter. I didn't get a flu shot and I haven't even gotten sick. I'm going to make it through."
The VERY NEXT DAY I started coughing. And the fever and achy head and sore muscles and drained energy set in. I jinxed myself. So I lay in bed for two days and slept and coughed, and then I started to feel better. I had energy to clean the house a bit and do some laundry. I thought to myself: "Wow, that wasn't too bad for the flu, I wasn't even congested or stuffed up or anything."
The VERY NEXT DAY I came down with a cold. Sneezing, runny nose, stuffy nose, runny nose, foggy head, still coughing, throat tickling in the middle of the night thinking I'm going to choke to death coughing. I jinxed myself again.
I think I'm going to quit thinking about being sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
THE cough....I've had it, I asked Alex if he ever went on a call where someone died from coughing? I got mine on new years eve and its still lingering. So sorry you have it... hope you feel better.
Sorry you're still sick. Get Better!
Yuck. I'm not going to jinx myself by saying I haven't been sick this year...SSSHHH, don't say it out loud.
Glad to someone else get jinxed like I do. Hang in there it goes away about July....
Glad to someone else get jinxed like I do. Hang in there it goes away about July....
Post a Comment