Rob's cut on his head gave him a headache

crazy cousins

super sisters

playing the Wii

the ladies on the town


crazy cousins

super sisters

playing the Wii

the ladies on the town

gondola rides down the canal

The lovely courtyard and artificial sky

So thrilled to be there!


The lovely courtyard and artificial sky

So thrilled to be there!

Okay Dad, I'm finally getting around to it. Here's the summary of our spring break trip. It was great!! Just girls in the car laughing and giggling. We got to Bev's house on Tuesday afternoon. Her house was beautiful as always, all decked out for spring. Quick trip to Rob's office and back to Bev's for a St. Patrick's Day dinner. Grilled steaks, green salad, bread with green butter, green jello with green grapes, cooked "cinnamon" potatoes and cabbage (inside joke). And green sherbet (minus the 2nd "r") another inside joke, with sprite.
Wednesday morning bright and early we tagged along with Bev to her excercise class she teaches. KICKED MY TALE!! It was seriously tough. I was extremely sore for the next three days. I couldn't bend or move without sighing in pain. Then home to shower and go to Boulder City for Antique shopping. What a cute little downtown. We had alot of fun looking at everything. Notice I didn't say buying, just looking. Then it was time to go back and get ready to go to Phantom of the Opera. Thank heavens Bev was driving. There was no way I would have been able to get us there and parked in the right casino. It was held at the Venetian which is a gorgeous casino!! We got out tickets and then walked around watching "street" performances and walking along the "canal" until time for the show. The Theater was Amazing and the show was Phenominal!!! Isabelle's face was almost as much fun to watch as the show itself. We had a great time. Then a ride down the strip, stop to pick up ice cream and back home.
Thursday morning was filled up with more dental appointments and errands and shopping. That night after yummy grilled Panini sandwiches and fresh fruit, we all went to the ice cream by the ounce and had yummy ice cream/frozen yogurt with all the toppings we could pile on. Then after we got home, some of us played Rummy until way late.
Friday was the day to find the prom dresses for Amanda and Indago. But first Bev and I went on a "speed walk" to get the toxins out my sore muscles. I was supposed to walk fast but just couldn't do it. Bev's in way more shape than I!! Off to shop. Our first stop was a modest dress shop with wedding, bridesmaid and prom dresses. Very nice store with very helpful staff. But there was no spark on the girls' faces no matter how many dresses they tried on. So we were heading to the mall and Bev stopped to look at the District first. White House/Black Market was the first store we went into there and that was the one. They found their dresses right away and were beaming. I wasn't beaming so much because of the price tag that accompanied the little dress that looked like it cost $3o to make. Oh well. Get over it. We ate lunch there outside and chatted with Jeffery, a nice man. Then Bev and I went into a WONDERFUL store that inspired me. If I could decorate my house with anything I wanted, it would be that store. So I took some pictures with my camera phone and hope to be able to somewhat duplicate some of what I saw someday. After shopping we went home and later grilled hamburgers and hotdogs , sat in the jacuzzi for awhile and then watched 'O Brother Where Art Thou" and laughed the whole way through. We watched it because Amanda had never seen it but halfway through the movie she was dozing off and she finally just got up and went to bed. Party Pooper!
Then Saturday was up and packing up our stuff and trying to clean up after ourselves. After a delicious breakfast cooked by Bev, we were on our way home and it was over. A BIG, BIG Thank You to Bev and Rob for letting us come and stay and for driving us around and cooking for us and entertaining us. It was a great spring break and we had a great time. Sorry you couldn't come this time Mom, you would have had a good time too. So I'm attaching some pictures. I wasn't as diligent with my camera as I could have been. But you get the gist.
TTFN
2 comments:
Wow, when you summarize the trip that way it shows how much we really did- it was so fun. I wish we could have a girl get-together/ eating/ cooking/ shopping/ laughing/ movie-watching time sometime! Thanks for coming!
What a party! I guess Bev and Rob are the fun house. I'm gonna have to come for a visit too!
Post a Comment