Monday, March 30, 2009

Probably doesn't happen to you

Ok, this is a random blog post, but sometimes there's really nothing new and exciting to talk about, so I'll tell you what happened to me last week, it probably never happens to any of you. I had to go to a stake leadership meeting, and before I left I made dinner. I sauteed some sliced onions and made hamburger patties and put the onions over them. I didn't have time to eat, so I just ran upstairs and put a skirt on that went with the shirt I was wearing. I didn't know if any food smell could be detected on my shirt, though, so I sprayed a little body spray on me, took off my shoes and put some sandals on, and off I went. While sitting in the meeting, I could majorly smell onions. And while smelling onions I could smell the body spray which I keep forgetting between uses that I don't like that one very well, and mixed with the onions it really didn't smell good. I sat there wondering how many people could smell me and were probably even gagging a little. Then, I detected a faint whiff of stinky feet. Could that be me as well? Then I remembered that the shoes I had been wearing all day do sometimes make my feet sweat. I was now wearing sandals which left my stinky feet completely exposed. Now I was really wondering who could smell all my odors mixed together and started feeling a little embarrassed. I could feel myself start to perspire a little now, (another new odor!) and I tried to straighten my legs so my feet would be underneath the bench in front of me. When the meeting was over, my friend who was sitting next to me quickly got up and left, instead of the usual chit-chatting we would have normally done. I'm sure she had a headache by then and needed to get some fresh air. Crazy but true story.

3 comments:

Becky said...

YOU JUST CRACKED ME UP!!!!! No, that's never happened to me. Thanks for the laugh though.

Nellie said...

You tell a great story! I do make salmon alot and I think it gets all of us stinky but we are getting our omega 3's.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what that smell was all through Australia haha, you are so funny, I'm sure I have done that.