Wednesday, August 26, 2009
BURDENS
I have been thinking about the burdens we all carry. We knew we were going to have trials and be tested when we came to this earth. Each person's burden is different, and some are heavier than others, and for a time, we may even feel our burden is light. One of my favorite scriptures, and even have it in a nice frame sitting by the phone and computer ~ Be ye not troubled for THIS TOO SHALL PASS. I have looked at it many times. There is a picture of Christ holding a little lamb. This scripture always seems to comfort me. I have gone through a few trials, and the saving grace I had was the knowledge that I was loved by God the Father and His son Jesus Christ. Sometimes prayer is the only thing we can do, and pray sincerely. I know our prayers are heard and answered. Sometimes the answer isn't quite what we want to hear. Sometimes our burdens aren't taken away, but our faith allows us to be able to endure them. Things don't always turn out like we want, but we will be judged not by our trials, but how we endure them. Whether its sickness, death, family problems, sometimes our burden becomes so heavy that all we can do is pray and turn our burden to God and Jesus Christ. The main thing is not to lose HOPE. We need to keep our spirits healthy and not let that happen. For everyone in the family who is burdened and downcast, please know that I love you and pray for you. I love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for the thoughts, Mom. We've got to just keep plugging away, right? This too shall pass.
Good advice and counsel. Very well put too.
That is beautiful...Thank you
Great wisdom! I love your family blog.
Post a Comment