Saturday, August 15, 2009
HOME AGAIN
How does 10 days in the cool pines, just a short distance from a beautiful lake sound? That is where we have been - Big Lake to be exact. It was so nice up there and the weather was perfect. It even rained on us a few times. It is so much fun to sit in the trailer, watch a movie, eat snacks, and look out at the rain. The campground is new, and has electricity, water, and sewer. No more begging to have the generator turned on. It was great. We rode in to Eager/Springerville a few times, and even managed to find an antique store or two. It was nice, but its always good to be back home. We are going to do a few projects, like working in our little postage stamp garden, and plant some things for fall and winter. We thought we were going to have to buy a new wood stove, but Jerry took the top off of it yesterday and thinks nothing bad is wrong with it. So, I guess we're set for winter. But its stilll mighty hot here. Its hard to imagine kids starting school already. We enjoy the pictures of the kids and hearing about what they're doing. Keep it up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We were just at Big Lake a few weeks ago but only for the day....It was beautiful! As we were leaving a group of guys came up on quads and I was sure I saw Jace, I started crazily waiving my hands around at him but as we got closer I realized it wasnt him, Oh well some guy that looks just like Jace thinks I'm a crazy women.
Oh the life. Not bad at all. Glad you had a nice time. Meanwhile, the rest of us are just plugging away. Someday we'll have the life too.
Post a Comment