Ok so here is a little news about the Dow House:
Kason passed a test in his seventh grade Spanish class that shows that he gets high school credit for this year of Spanish. Because he and his classmates have been learning Spanish since kindergarten at our wonderful bilingual elementary school, he now has the credit that a high school freshman would have after a year of Spanish. If he passes another test next year, by the time he enters high school in 9th grade, he'll already have two high school credits.
Miranda just went to her first softball team practice last night. She really liked it. The coach tried everyone at pitcher and thought Miranda did the best so at tonight's practice she'll be pitching.
Brady has done two 12-hour shifts of clinical experience for his EMT class. One was in Labor and Delivery and one in the ER. They put them to work bandaging people, taking stats, even giving CPR if necessary. He got to watch a c-section and thought that was pretty amazing. He told me he could deliver my baby if I had another one. I informed him that would be a little difficult since I don't have a uteris anymore. He just said "Ew" and walked away.
Eli has been invited to lots of birthday parties lately. He had two on the same day at the same time. He had already told the first boy yes when he got the second invitation which sounded a lot more fun. As bad as he wanted to go to that one, he decided to stick with the first since he had already RSVP'd. I was proud of that decision and didn't even know the second people so was more comfortable.
Colby is desperately trying to sell a little shifter cart that he fixed up. Someone gave 2 of them to Rob in poor condition. He told the boys whoever wanted to fix them and sell them could get the money. Colby has recently been motivated by the desire for a dirtbike. So he's got one ready to sell and has had several lookers but no takers. I had no idea those things are so popular. He's asking $900 but will go down if needed. It goes about 900 miles an hour too, I think (maybe not quite). We're just excited he has something to focus on besides girls right now.
Rob has been getting a lot of nose-bleeds lately. We assume it's from dryness, but most of the nose-bleeds have been while he's in the shower, or right after putting saline spray (for dryness) in the nose, so that's confusing. He's in the market for a couple of new guns he's been oogling. He and all his friends are doing lots of shooting, reloading, and talking guns. It's funny to watch but I'm sooooo glad he has a new hobby.
I'm doing a little of everything and a lot of nothing. I'm trying to just get motivated to do some cleaning and organizing. The warmer weather is helping, but we sure have been getting a lot of wind. I remember Grandma Hancock saying all the time how much she hated wind. I totally agree. It makes me feel like not doing much of anything.
2 comments:
Boy that Dow house is busy. But it's good to be busy. Way to go to all of your kids. I heard on the radio the wind is heading my way. Ugh.
WOW! Way to go Kason. You are a smart dude, with your Spanish, making movies and everything. And Brady. What a man for watching a C section. When his wife has a baby, he'll be prepared. Miranda, who knew! Good for you for pitching. And Eli! It's tough to be so popular. Colby - its good to think about other things than girls. I hope his stuff sells. Poor Rob and his nose bleeds. Has he used Vaseline. That was always my main cure. Glad things are going great. I don't have much desire to clean or do anything useful, just want to spend time in my Craft Room doing unnecessary things - but they are fun.
Post a Comment