Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Useless info

If you were just saying to yourself : "I'd sure like to read some useless information.", you're in luck! Here's some right now:

I really like using Bath and Body Works body lotion. I like the scents. I put it on my legs and arms after getting out of the shower. But the smoothness doesn't seem to last all day. So I started using baby oil gel with it. I buy baby oil in gel form, put some in my hand along with some body lotion, mix them toogether a little, then rub on as usual. I still get that great scent I like and the smoothness now lasts all day!

And while on the subject of Bath and Body Works, I have a lot of body spray from there. I've been given a lot as gifts and bought some, but I don't use it up very fast. And some I've just gotten tired of. One day one of my bottles of body spray got dropped and the bottle cracked. I was going to just get rid of it when I had an idea to put it in a spray bottle, add some water, and use it as linen water. Now I keep it on the ironing board and spray it on clothes as I'm ironing. It makes them smell good, and gives a new use to body spray.

Sometimes I forget how to walk up stairs, am I going crazy? I'll be in the middle of walking upstairs, when I'll forget which foot goes next. I have to pause and consciously think which foot to move. I'm admitting this to you hoping this same phenomenon happens to others, but it's probably just me.

Here's a Weight Watcher Recipe:
Layered Mexican Chicken
12 corn tortillas, cut into 2-inch strips
2 cans black beans, drained
3 cups fat-free sour cream (I used light, I hate fat free)
2 cups reduced-calorie cheese, grated
2 small cans (8 oz.) green chiles
3 cups cooked chicken cut into bite-size pieces
2 tsp. cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Coat a lasagna pan with cooking spray, arrange half of tortilla strips on bottom of pan, overlapping to cover pan. Mix sour cream, chicken, HALF of cheese, cumin, beans, salt and pepper, and chiles in bowl. Spread half of mixture over tortillas in pan. Cover with other half of tortillas, then other half of chicken mixture. Top with remaining cheese and bake in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Serve with shredded lettuce and salsa on the side. Serves 12. Points per serving: 6. (This fed my whole family and the neighbor boy, with left-overs, next time I think I'll cut it in half).

Attention all you sweaters out there: I am a sweater. I sweat a lot. Always have. I can get all ready, put on deodorant, go to someplace that's air-conditioned, and still sit there with wet armpits. It's a curse. An annoying one. But curse no more. I have started using clinical strength deodorant. Oh my gosh, where have I been? How long has this stuff been around? I needed it years ago. It has stopped my sweating problem. It does for me what regular deodorant probably does for regular people. Love it.

Lastly, I am going to make a raised planter box. I've looked up directions online and have my supply list ready to go to Lowe's. I want to plant tomatoes, zucchini, and cucumbers, if I can. I've never had success gardening, but people in my neighborhood do, so if they can, so can I, right? Any tips for me? We'll see how it goes.



2 comments:

Becky said...

I just love useless information, especially when it turns out to be useful! I like your linen spray idea. And I just might try the raised boxes also. yeah right. I might have had the stairs brain freeze thing, but I can't remember. I've got the pre alzheimer bad memory thing working against me!

grandma said...

I love reading your column every week. You should publish it. The stair thing sounds like you are stressed and have a lot on your mind. Is that so?