Here are a few tidbits of information. Nothing significant or earth-shattering...
I have been struggling with the 10 or 15 pounds I would like to lose. They don't seem to want to let go. It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that I like to eat and don't really want to restrict myself, I'm sure. But then I rationalize and think, "Well, maybe being a little chunky isn't so bad, maybe I should just drop the guilt and enjoy eating what I want to eat. Life's short after all". Then I read the last line of verse 51 of 2 Nephi, chapter 18: "Let your soul delight in fatness". I'll take that as a sign.
When you shampoo your hair like the bottle says: "Shampoo, rinse, repeat." it really does make a difference. My hair feels much softer when I do that!
We rented the movie "The Devil's Arithmetic". It was a good movie to remind us all about the holocaust. I would recommend it.
Having re-usable grocery bags is only a good idea if you remember to take them in the store with you each time. Otherwise I feel double-guilty knowing I have them and am STILL destroying the environment.
Having teenagers is Heavenly Father's way of making sure we don't try to keep our kids too long. By the time they are old enough to leave, we are all too happy to let them!
A bumper sticker I read said: "It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you pretend to be"
I have decided that fresh cut flowers are such a pick-me-up for me that it is worth the cost of picking some up now and then at the grocery store or Costco.
Last but not least, for some of the most moist, tender chicken you will ever eat, try this: coat your chicken with the seasoning salt of your choice. Cover the bottom of a baking dish with plain, fat-free yogurt. Place the chicken on top. Cover the chicken with yogurt. Sprinkle with bread or cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese, and several dabs of butter. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 35-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Delicious!
Don't live in the guilty past or the fearful future. Instead, live in the precious present. The present is a gift!
Have a great day, everyone!
3 comments:
I feel very enlightened! You should do this once a week. Tidbits by Bev. I think it's a great idea, I will look forward to it! In the meantime, I'll delight in my fatness too.
Such great insights. I have lots of fatness to take delight in. I bought some more Cadbury Eggs and also the Hershey Eggs this morning. I think I will have to move up to the next size in zip-up pants as I've been wearing sweats all winter. But the eggs only appear once a year. Right?
great tidbits, I gotta try the chicken....
Post a Comment