Tuesday, January 18, 2011

JYNXXXED

This year for christmas Teresa and I decided on what we were going to get for "us". We usually get something we want or need that we we can both use. Well this year we went "really big" and bought a new refridgerator. Ours was getting old, 16 years, and starting to act up and was becoming a pain. Home Depot was having a black friday sale so we hit it and bought one of those stainless steel fridges. It was delivered about 2 weeks later. It looks really nice. It sort of matches our oven and dishwasher at least I think so. When Teresa saw it she said it looks good but dosen't match the oven. I said we are not getting a new oven. Well..... that was all it took. About 2 weeks later I went to turn on the oven and it wouldn't work. The stovetop still works but not the oven. Then I remembered the conversation we had. We jynxed ourself. Jyynnxxxxeeed!!!!!!!!!!! The new part to fix the old oven is 250 smackers. The service call is 50. And who is to say that is the real problem. So our new stainless steel oven will be here in a week. Now our oven hood or vent will not match. We or I had a hard time getting the original hood hooked up. I think I am going to paint it black. Can I borrow some duct tape to tape up our mouths. No more talking about appliances.

Darvil

4 comments:

Becky said...

Bahahhhahhhaaaaahhaaa. Funny!
Appliances don't last forever you know. No matter how tight your wallet is shut. Embrace it! Getting new things is fun:)

Annette said...

Darvil you are always so funny. But we beat you, our fridge lasted 19 years before we got a new one and we still have our 24 year old washer. Whoops I shouldn't have said that.

Bev said...

Good to see you blogging again! Can't wait to see the new appliances - by then you should have a new dishwasher, washing machine, garbage disposal, vacuum cleaner........

Nellie said...

Funny Darvil,
I have always been leery of what I say when I am close to my appliances. They can hear us and they do communicate with each other. It's part of the twilight zone. My microwave is only two years old and it's giving us fits.