Monday, January 12, 2009
I hear you Dad
I know what you're talking about Dad. I get tired of getting on here and not seeing anything new either. Do people just not use computers these days? My life is not exciting by any means, so that's why I post little things. And it's the little things that are so fun to read about others. It doesn't have to be anything life changing. For instance, the other night I watched Dr. Zhivago for the first time. The girls gave me a box set of movies for Mothers Day with Gone with the Wind in it because I love that movie, but also included was Casablanca and Dr. Zhivago. Phillip and I had the whole evening ahead of us with nothing to do so I put that movie in. Good thing we had the whole evening because it's a long one! When there's a prelude and an intermission you know you're going to be there awhile. And it's kind of hard to understand, I had to keep asking him "what are they talking about?" or "why did he do that?" (Russian Revolution and all that) But we made it to the end. I know it was big in it's day and won like five academy awards, but it's not for me. So now I can say I've seen it and I never have to watch it again. See, I just filled up a couple of minutes of your day with a little thing and you didn't even notice those minutes are gone now. Everyone seems to respond pretty well to challenges, maybe we should present another challenge. I'll put my thinking cap on and if you come up with something also, let's hear it. We can't give up on the blog, it's still a baby. It needs to be given a chance to grow and nourish. LET'S FEED IT PEOPLE!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Watching Dr. Zhivago just made me shiver in that empty freezing house.
The first time I saw Dr. Zhivago was at the Pima Movie Theater. Do you remember ever going to a movie there. Well, this was before you were born and Grandma Boren wanted to see this movie really bad, so she asked me to go to it with her. Grandma Hancock kept my kid or kids. Everytime I hear about this movie, I think of her. That was one of very few "girls nights out" with her.
Post a Comment