Here are some of Mom's cookie recipes, in case you don't have them.
Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 C. bacon grease
2C. granulated sugar
2 eggs
4T molasses
4C. flour
2t. ginger
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. cloves
1/2 t. salt
1C chopped pecans
Cream bacon grease and sugar, add eggs, mix, then add dry ingredients.
Bake 350 deg. for 10-12 min.
Molasses Raisin Cookies or Health Cookies as Mom called them
1c, molasses
1c. butter
1c. brown sugar
1c. buttermilk
4c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ginger
Mix these together, then add 1c. pecans and 1c. raisins. Drop by tsp. full and bake 12 min. at 350 degrees.
Aunt Marie Cookies
1 c. shortening
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
2eggs, beaten
2 c. oatmeal
2c. flour
1t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla
Cream first ingredients, then add dry ingredients. Then add Nuts and Coconut, as desired
Bake 350deg. 10-12min.
Mom's Delicious Doughnuts
Boil potatoes, save water. Soak 3 pkg. yeast in 1/2c. warm potato water.
Mix together
1c. mashed potatoes
2/3 c. sugar
1/2c. shortening
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 can evaporated milk
2 tsp. vanilla
yeast mixture
8 cups flour
Combine sugar,shortening and eggs - beat well. Add other ingredients, mix smoothe. Adjust amount of flour if needed. Let dough rise until double in bulk. Mix down and roll about 1" thick. Cut out with donut cutter, then let rise about 15 min. Fry in hot oil. Mom always used the Crisco in the can.
Dip in glaze while doughnuts are hot.
Glaze:
1 box powdered sugar
1T. vanilla
1/2 c. boiling water. Mix smoothe. Dip while both are hot. Delicious, especially while they are warm.
4 comments:
Mother! I'm trying to trim my tummy not tubby my tummy! They sound delish though.
Okay, now you've got me thinking about homemade doughnuts! I don't remember when I had them last. The lazy man's way is to fry up some refrigerated biscuits and roll them in powdered sugar or glaze them. Isabelle calls them "Fatties". Not as good as homemade but they'll do the trick when you've got a craving.
I'm so glad to have these recipes - I have often thought of the different kinds of cookies Grandma made and wondered if I had her recipes or not. Thanks!
I am so glad to have these recipes. Now if we could just have Grandma Lela too!
Post a Comment