Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Dress the lazy way




Mom, this post is for you. I just wanted you to know that your talent and creativity DID NOT get passed on to me. You used to sew our Easter dresses every year. Beautiful pinks, yellows, blues and greens. Floral, lace, and eyelet. You would spend hours and hours to make the lovely creations. It boggles the mind how you managed to sew not one, but two dresses. Well, I must admit I have no inclination to ever sew an Easter dress in my lifetime. By the time I would get done with it, I wouldn't be fit to live with and the dress would be a mangled mess of a dress. My solution to the Easter dress challenge is to go to a second hand consignment shop and buy one for $7.99. I almost bought one at Target for $22.00, but just couldn't bring myself to buy it. So , Mom, I bow down to you and say "You're a better woman than I am!" And, by the way, doesn't Isabelle look cute? Shhh. no one has to know how much how her dress costs.

1 comment:

grandma said...

Yes, Isabelle looks VERY cute, as always. I used to sew, and sew, and sew, because thats what I had to do back then to be able to make my girls look cute. I think my neck and shoulders are still paying for it. I'm glad I don't have to sew any more.