Well, I guess there isn't really a club like the one mentioned above, but I think there needs to be one. Its no secret that I've had knee problems for many, many years and had a new knee installed in the left leg. Well, things still haven't been perfect in the walking department of life, to put it mildly. Pain, constant nagging pain, is not my friend, but I know it well. A couple of weeks ago, the pain I have been experiencing in my right knee, and the stiffness, became worse. Thinking every day it would get better, I kept on functioning the best I could. Then one day, I got out of bed and realized I couldn't bend my right leg. My knee had to be held perfectly straight, so I hobbled and dragged myself around the house, still trying to do some things. Finally, the first of the week, I gave in to the misery and stayed off my feet, thinking that would help. NO of course it didn't. So yesterday, Wed., I gave up and and went to see Ken Larson. He drained a lot of bloody liquid out of my knee and gave me some kind of a shot in my knee. Does this ring a bell, Becky, Colby, Logan and whoever has had this procedure? This is the first time I have had fluid drained, altho I've seen it done to Becky many times. My knee started feeling better right away, altho not 100% but then it hasn't been that for a long time. I have an appt. with Dr. Bryce, who did my surgery on the other knee, for a week from today. The frustrating thing is,............I have no idea how I hurt my knee to make it swell, cause pain, get hot, etc. So to all the other knee sufferers, I feel sorry for us. It stinks. Its a big pain. I hate it. But it could be worse. Things always could be. So we have to be grateful that we have legs at all.
Then Dad took me back up in the afternoon for a pedicure appt. I had made, since I don't think I can do it myself, and was way past due, wearing socks all winter. The girl that gave me the pedicure said my feet are nice. She said some women come in with really grody, rough heels and feet from going barefoot. So at least something is good. My toenails are painted a pretty shade of light pink, just right for spring. Which it will be, whenever the wind quits blowing 90 miles an hour, but thats another story.
2 comments:
As a participating member of the knee club, I send you my best wishes for a speedy recovery and surgery free future for you. That sounds awful and painful and all too familiar. I hope your appt. goes well, I'm sorry you're still going through this. Take care and stay off your feet as much as possible. Eat ice cream, that always makes things better.
I'm glad that's one club I'm not a member of. But as a mother of a club-member I get to participate in some of the activities. I feel sorry for you knee problem people. Hopefully you'll be better and dancing a jig in no time.
Post a Comment