On Saturday, April 11th Brady graduated from a Spring Training course for the Clark County Firefighters Explorers program. This program is for those interested in becoming fire fighters some day or for people who just want to have a good experience. They learn how to put on the suits quickly, climb ladders and tall buildings filled with smoke, carry a 150 lb. dummy out of buildings while also carrying an air tank on their back, cut cars open, perform CPR, do obstacle courses and running, etc. while wearing all the gear. And much more. Brady had a great time and did very well in all areas. I think he's found what he'd like to do. And he'd be very good at it. One of the teachers (pictured) really used him as a leader among the other kids and liked joking around with him. Some kids quit before the week was finished because it was so tough. We're very proud of Brady for finishing and doing so well.
While I'm bragging, Friday night and Saturday was our Stake Youth Conference. Brady was one of the youth leaders. We have heard nothing but good from all the adults since they've been back about what a good job Brady did. He had an autistic boy in his group who he took under his wing and really helped a lot. He was positive and helpful and was one of the few who stayed behind to help clean up when it was all over. I know I sound braggy, but I feel we've earned it with this boy. For those of you who know what we've been through with him, you know what I mean. We really are proud.
He's got a job interview on Thursday, so maybe he'll be as lucky as Logan.

2 comments:
I don't blame you for being "braggy". It sounds like Brady is doing great and we are really proud of him too. Way to Go Brady. Keep up the good work. You have so much potential for a great future. You're a great guy and we love you.
Way to go Brady. I'm sure positive experiences like these help him to see how good it feels to be a hard working, responsible young man. Good Job!!
Post a Comment