Friday, January 8, 2010

A FAVORITE DAY

I have been thinking about the question, and there is one favorite day I stored in my memory bank, quite a few years ago; kind of like on the hard drive of a computer. I realized then that this was a special day, and wanted to keep it always.
We were camping at Soldier Creek on Mt. Graham. We were able to camp in our favorite spot, the one with the BIG rocks. Sometime in the afternoon we all went for a walk down to the main road: me, Jerry, Darvil, Beverly, Becky, and Bob & Joy, and Red and Minnie. I told Joy that if I could freeze time, I would freeze that day.
I knew Darvil would soon be going on his mission, and the girls were headed for their own destinies. But that day was mine for the keeping. Everyone was so happy, Darvil and Red had a race down the road, ran in the tall grass on the side of the road, and the creek, flowers and grass were beautiful. I am glad I stored that memory away, because I bring it up quite often, and smile with joy and a few tears.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm pretty sure I remember that day too. I'm glad you have a memory like that to go back to.