I wake up and walk out onto the back porch of my cabin that I built myself which over looks a small meadow in the White mountains just outside of Alpine. It is just starting to get light enough to see. I can see some fog hanging low to the ground and through the fog I can hear the Bull Elk are bugleing. As the fog lifts I see a small heard of Elk with lots of cows and big Bulls. The cool air is refreshing with the smell of pine trees.
Breakfast is waiting: It consists of Cheese Grits, sausage, toast with homemade raspberry jam, fruit slices and freshly squeezed OJ. What Diet.
Then it off to my secret stream for some stream fishing. I climb into my new ford truck and head out. The stream is a slow moving stream that is easy to cross. Catch and release fish until I am worn out.
Head back to my cabin for a short nap. Then drive into town and eat lunch at my favorite resturant where they serve the best green chili burros and a giant rootbeer.
Then I stop by the mail box and receive word that I have been drawn to go Moose hunting in Alaska.
Stop at my Chiro clinic and put in a few hours.
Go to the movie with my wife. Then homemade dinner of steak, potatoes, gravy, veggies and Ice cold water.
Later the kids show up for a visit. They stay a few hours and drive away in cars that they have bought with their own money. Did I mention I also won the 10 Million dollar lottery.
Maybe someday!!!!!!!!! One can dream, Alittle..........
DARVIL
3 comments:
That's funny about your kid's cars! I laughed. Can I come visit you in your cabin that you built yourself?
I think Dad would love to share some of that day with you. Can I come to your cabin and bring some of my projects to work on?
You who have always been able to eat whatever you want and still wear clothes you wore in high school don't need to worry about diet foods, of course. That does sound like a dreamy day. You didn't mention killing any of those elk. Maybe because the industrial-size freezer in your state-of-the-art cabin kitchen is already stocked with elk meat.
Post a Comment