






Hot Air Balloons. I went to the Salsa Fest Hot air balloon lift off. When I pulled up in my truck everyone was just standing around. I didn't realize how close I was to all the action until they started unloading the balloons. One of them was literally just feet away. It was sort of a cool morning so I stayed in the truck for awhile. I kept thinking "I think I need to back my truck up." As they set up the basket and then unrolled the balloon it was only about 20 feet away from me. I thought "This is going to be GREAT!!" They use a huge fan to blow air into the balloon and then they turn on the propane heater to heat the air inside the balloon. The balloon really started to stand up when the heat was applied. Two or three people climbed in and they guy turned on the heat and it was "UP, UP, AND AWAY." In some of the pictures you can see my truck and the balloon. As the balloon filled I could stand and touch my truck and the balloon at the same time. I think it would be fun to go up in one. Except for the landing. I saw one hit a fence and nearly threw everyone out on the ground. FUN TIMES !!!!
Darvil
1 comment:
I LOVE hot air balloons! Our ride in one a few years ago in California was one of the highlights of my life! I thought you were going to say they offered to let you ride in one and you hopped in! Cool pics
Post a Comment