Becky has inspired me. I don't know why I haven't been posting. No reason really, just either nothing to say or not organized enough with photos to put a story and pics to go with it. But I have changed my ways. Turned over a new leaf. And to kick it off, here is a cooking tip you simply must learn:
If you love fish and are tired of it being over-cooked and tough, here is something you must try. Go to the store (Smith's is the only place I've had luck finding it so far) and buy some Orange Roughy filets from the meat counter. Why Orange Roughy? Trust me, just buy it and you'll see. Now, come home and cover your baking pan with foil (for easy clean-up) and put the empty pan in the oven and preheat it to 500 degrees. You read that right, 500 degrees. Meanwhile, get your fish package opened and ready. Start making a salad or some asparagus. Once your oven is ready, remove the pan and quickly put your fish filets on it and put it back in the oven. No salt or spices yet. Now turn the oven to 275 degrees and set your timer for 8 minutes. While it's cooking, get your plate ready and cut a lemon in half. When the timer rings, take the pan out and use a lemon half to squeeze a generous amount of juice all over the fish. Next sprinkle with plenty of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Put a filet on your plate with your salad and veggie and take a bite. Delicious. You will swear someone snuck in and poured melted butter all over your fish, but it's just the natural combo of the tender fish, lemon and salt. Mmmmm. A healthy, fast dinner. Wish I had some to cook up right now. This method works with any type of fish, but if the filets are thick, you'll need a little more than 8 minutes. But so far the Orange Roughy is our favorite by far.
3 comments:
I've never been a huge fish fan. But because you have promised to change your ways and post more often, I promise to cook more fish.
Something smells fishy, good to here from you Bev! That sounds good and so healthy, I will have to try it. Aubrey tells me you are a good cook and I believe her.
yum, yum, I'm gonna make that soon. Bev, I didn't realize Brady was going so soon. How are you doing?
Post a Comment