December started out for me with a nice cold, allergy or whatever - anyway, I had a runny nose, cough and general not feeling too good for about a week. It took quite a while to get the house decorated because I had to keep resting, blowing my nose, taking naps, etc. I finally have the house pretty much taken care of. On Tuesday the R.S. Progressive Dinner is having their first course here, the appetizers and chips and dips, apple cider, whatever. I guess I'm ready. I don't have any gifts for Grandpa but he doesn't want much this year, just a few clothes. No biggie. I finally felt good enough Monday to go up to Wal Mart and get my hair trimmed and do a little shopping. I was in there twice as long as I thought I would be and was really ready to go home. When I finally got in my car and was backing out, a lady from across the aisle and a few parking spaces down whipped out very fast and very wide and ran into me. So, I had to sit there while the police came and filled out a report. A person just never knows what kind of a day they will have. Our car just has a scrape on the bumper, which Grandpa says can be fixed with a can of sprap paint they make that will match our car. We don't want to involve the insurance and run the risk of raising our rates.
Yesterday, Tuesday, it was raining when we got up, so that made it seem a lot like Christmas weather. Grandpa still hasn't built a fire because we have very little wood. Grandpa has been sick too, with a bad cough. He didn't drive his truck yesterday, but went back to work today. I hope everyone is getting in the Spirit of Christmas, despite accidents, fender benders, maybe not having enough time, or maybe as much money as we would like, the inconveniences and problems called life. Families and The Birth of Our Savior are what matter. I hope we can all remember this and have love for each other.
1 comment:
I guess your December started out kind of rocky too. Do you know when you and Grandpa might be coming down here?
Post a Comment