Wednesday, December 24, 2008
MY PERFECT CHRISTMAS
I have been reflecting lately about Christmas. I don't know if it's turning forty or my kid's lack of Christmas excitement ( except Isabelle). If I could relive my perfect Christmas leading up all the way until Christmas Day it would include all the parites we used to go to. There was the Fireman party at the Fire house. Mexican food and then riding on the fire trucks throughout the town caroling as we went. Then there was the Phyllis party with Von and Alice and the Lunts and the Lees and I don't remember who else. Phyllis would play and sing with such enthusiasm, I can still picture her in my mind. The ward party which sometimes I would get to participate in the program as an angel or some other part. And almost every day I would love to watch whatever Christmas show was on TV that night, my favorite being Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer. And Christmas Eve always makes me think of Grandma Hancock and her Christmas Eve party. I used to love getting ready and going over early with Beverly and sometimes Cynthia to help her get ready and set up the tables. Then everyone would arrive and we would have tamales, sandwiches, chip and dip, and hot chocolate. And what could be simpler than white elephants, but how fun was that? It was so much fun! Then we would drive home and I would scan the skies for any sign of Santa on the way. And then a sleepless night waiting for Christmas morning. It was always the most magnificent thing to go out in the living room to see what Santa brought. Almost always a handmade doll and cute and interesing things in my stocking. Santa put alot of thought into what I would like. Then out to the family room for a fire, Christmas music and opening presents. Taking turns to open our presents was the only way to do it so we could see what everyone was opening. Then we had a wonderful breakfast and the whole day to play with our stuff. It's so perfect. At least in my memory it is. I miss that sometimes and wish we could go back just once to relive it. Hope you enjoyed a thread out of my memories. Merry Christmas everyone, I love you all! What is your perfect Christmas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those are my favorite Christmases too. I wish I could relive a few of those, even if only in my dreams.
Post a Comment