Sunday, May 17, 2009

ice cream soup

So Mom, you wanted to know how the homemade ice cream turned out? Well. it didn't. I'm beginning to believe it's me. The last few times I've tried making homemade ice cream, it has never turned out. I should have taste tested it as I put the sugar in. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too sweet. And it just never set up. ice cream soup. Emily made some scrumptious brownies chock full of nuts and ooey gooey chocolate. The ice cream was to top it off perfectly. I didn't want to admit defeat so we poured it on our brownies. Isabelle had a friend over. Amanda brought her "friend" over and Emily brought a friend home from the dance, all anticipating ice cream heaven. It was not to be. I'm letting the freezer do the rest of the work today so maybe there's still hope, except for the diabetes we're going to get from all the sugar! We'll worry about that later.

1 comment:

grandma said...

Sorry it didn't turn out. I'll check with someone again about the recipe. But Dad and I have had a lot of ice cream soup in our day. Its disappointing.