
I NEVER thought I'd be saying this in a million bazillion years, but I'm ready for school to be out. I know, I know, what am I saying? I must not be feeling well today, right? No, I'm feeling fine. Just tired. Tired of getting up at 5am to make breakfast for the early risers in my house, and wake up Logan who doesn't seem to be capable of getting himself up. Ever. Then turn around and pack lunches for my high school girls who don't want to buy their lunch. Then after the husband and kids have made their exit at 5:45, I make my way back to my cozy bed and eventually fall back into a sound slumber, only to be jolted back to reality when the clock says 7:15. Time to wake Isabelle up and start all over again. Make breakfast, pack lunch, do hair, get her on the bus at 8:10. Yes, It's all worth it when they've all gone their ways and the house is quiet and all to myself to clean up the wreckage from the night before. But now that I am Logan's personal driver to his job at the Theater, which last night's shift went until midnight. I'm kind of tired. I'm actually looking forward to days of sleeping in as long as my kids. I've heard Moms say they're ready for school to be out in the past, and I used to look at them like they had three heads. What could they be thinking? School is a gift from the heavens. But so is sleep. Sound, uninterrupted sleep. Make no mistake about it though. Come August, I'll be doing the happy dance on the first day of school. I may be tired, but I'm no fool! I'm a little foolish to put this picture of myself on here though.
4 comments:
Yes, I don't miss the days of having to get up. But I was lucky. You kids were good about getting yourselves up in the mornings and you could walk to school. But now, I find myself waking up at 5 or 6 in the morning for no reason. Go figure. Where did this picture come from anyway?
Becky, you're funny. Yes, it is nice to have a break from school. No homework, schedules, or getting up so early. But you're right, getting them back to school is nice, too. I guess we need change now and then.
I hope your kids shower you with presents, or at least breakfast in bed on Mothers day cause you deserve it!
This picture was taken on the river rapids ride with my hoodie and poncho and I'm in mid sentence probably telling my kids as they are making fun of my poncho that I am going to be dry and they're not.
Post a Comment